Modernising Outpatient Services Online Conference
This virtual conference will show you how to rebuild and transform your Outpatient Department through service model innovation aligned with technological advancements to progress your patient experience, tackle demand and enable capacity - whilst driving forward digitalisation and change management. All in a safe environment with engaged staff.
- Book to attend this online conference for £209 + VAT by copying and pasting the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Z181s5-3QwKUE5M39lb_sA
- Alternatively become an Outpatient CPD Club Member for £250 + VAT and receive free access to all online Outpatient events until July 2021
- Outpatient CPD Club Membership will guarantee a minimum of 10 hours of CPD learning made up of online conferences and webinars which you can attend live or view after the event
As an online event, you will be able to share case study presentations from leading Outpatient Departments from across the country. By attending this unique day from the comfort of your home, you will gain both the knowledge and motivation to effectively impact on the opportunities and challenges presented by your Outpatient Service:
- Take one day out to value yourself, focus on your learning and invest in your role
- Split into bite sized chunks, you will have the opportunity to gain 4 hours CPD
- Live conference that features presentations, panel sessions, discussion and Q&A time
- Plus the opportunity to network with colleagues from across the country in virtual meeting rooms
- You can also download the learning materials and benefit from the shared best practice at any point after the LIVE course
- Alternatively, if you miss the LIVE date, you will be sent access to the webinar to help you catch up on your CPD hours
Only at this dedicated interactive forum will you be able to share your processes and current quality improvement plans, discuss how to support your patients effectively and identify how to utilise digital tools and technologies to transform your Outpatient Service:
- Benchmark your service against other Outpatient Service development strategies
- Discover how you can implement the Long Term Plan
- Utilise capacity assessments for transformational change
- Acquire IT insight so you can identify how to significantly reduce clinical process delays
- Engage with different approaches to reduce bottlenecks, engage staff and improve patient flow
- Build a chain of referrals downstream to ensure whole system approaches
- Enable efficiency and reduce pressure through group clinics
- Achieve changed behaviours by enabling and encouraging staff to embrace IT
- Strengthen your online booking procedures and administrative team
This Innovations to Modernise NHS Outpatient Services Online Conference is the third in a series of conferences and webinars planned for 2020/2021 that are created especially for Outpatient Leads, Services Managers and Transformation Leads. Why not become an Outpatient CPD Club Member for £250 plus VAT?
- Collect your CPD hours with full access to all outpatient virtual conferences and webinars until July 2021 with one upfront cost
- Upcoming events include the 1 CPD hour webinars: ‘Principle Safety Measures for Outpatient Services Webinar’ and ‘Optimising Virtual Consultations for Outpatient Services’
- Be part of this flexible, virtual learning environment with access to useful online tools to suit your busy schedule
- Made up of a minimum of 10 hours Continuing Professional Development learning time
- All Club members will receive a log book to evidence their CPD as well as certificate of attendance on watching it live or after the event
Have you considered sponsoring or exhibiting at this day? Our events are carefully crafted and through our rigorous research we focus on and address the specific themes and topics that are driving the NHS forward. We pride ourselves on working with you to ensure that we recommend only those events that reflect your target audience and put forward solutions that provide the desired outcomes and results. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
If you belong to an association or network that is related to Outpatient Services, SBK would welcome working with you. Please contact email@example.com for further details.
This NHS conference follows ‘Transforming Outpatient Services held in April 2019. This previous event was described as a “great experience”, sharing “great speakers and very relevant topics” and offering “great networking - learning how others run their services”.
Book to attend this online conference for £209 + VAT by copying and pasting the following link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Z181s5-3QwKUE5M39lb_sA . Alternatively become an Outpatient CPD Club Member for £250 + VAT and receive free access to all online Outpatient events until July 2021 (minimum of 10 CPD hours available).
|9.10||Join, tech support and opportunity to network in your meeting room|
|9.40||Introduction, instructions and chair’s opening remarks |
Eileen Henderson, Head of Outpatient Services, Honorary Clinical Tutor, Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
Session 1: Implementing the NHS Long Term Plan
|9.50||Utilising technology to transform outpatient services in line with the Long Term Plan|
Redesigning services and care delivery to reduce hospital attendance
Implementing technology to support patients to self-manage their conditions
Remote care: promoting alternative clinical settings to reduce outpatient attendance
Rachel Roberts, Matron, Calderdale and Huddersfield NHS Trust
|Going paperless: Making technology work for your outpatient clinics |
Case study: Implementing and maximising Lorenzo patient record systems for orthopaedics
How to promote clinical engagement to ensure support technological advancements
Overcoming the challenges of implementation and moving forward with other clinics
Nichola Day, Senior Outpatient Sister Orthopaedics and Fracture Clinic, Hull University Teaching Hospitals NHS Trust
|Panel session, questions and discussion |
with Rachel Roberts and Nichola Day led by Eileen Henderson
|10.50||Break and opportunity to network in your meeting room|
Session 2: Innovating outpatient services
|11.10||Overcoming the challenges of remote working for your Outpatient Service |
Interactive opportunity for attendees to share their experience in the meeting rooms, then returning to the main conference to feedback via the chat function. This is a great opportunity to discuss how to overcome the challenges of implementing the new culture of remote working.
Discussion led by Eileen Henderson
|Case study: How to improve clinic utilisation and maximise patient flow|
Shared innovations and evidenced outcomes for improving capacity and demand in outpatients
Measuring the success of outpatient clinics on patient experience and utilisation
Overcoming the challenges for group outpatient clinics: engagement, facilities and feasibility
Daniel Peach, Group Manager for Surgical Services, University Hospitals Coventry and Warwickshire NHS Trust
|Questions and answer session|
with Daniel Peach and led by Eileen Henderson
|12.10||Lunch break and opportunity to network in your meeting room|
Session 3: Transforming care through technology
|1.10||Case study: Integrating technology to redesign outpatient services|
Robotic process automation: what we do and how has it improved our efficiency?
Long term goals of automation: aiming for 30% reduction in outpatient attendance
What does success look like? How do we monitor the success?
Lee Parkin, Outpatient Service Business Manager, United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust
|Developing standard procedures and protocols for virtual outpatient clinics|
What works and for whom? How to achieve reduced variation and reliable implementation
Sharing redesign results: how to remove care duplication to improve patient flow
Case study: transforming follow-up appointments through patient-initiated reviews
Lech Rymaszewski, Clinical Advisor Scottish Government - Modern OP programme and Retired Orthopaedic Surgeon
|Panel session, questions and discussion |
with Lee Parkin and Lech Rymaszewski led by Eileen Henderson
|2.10||Break and opportunity to network in your meeting room|
Session 4: Managing capacity and demand
|2.20||Experiences of capacity challenges and improvement opportunities shared|
Interactive opportunity for attendees to share their experience in the meeting rooms, then returning to the main conference to feedback via the chat function. This is a great opportunity to benchmark your approach and compare experiences with colleagues from across the country.
Discussion led by Eileen Henderson
|Case study: Building a collaborative team to enhance the outpatient pathway |
Clinical pathway reviews: collaborating with GP’s to ensure appropriate referrals
Case studies: rebuilding frameworks in urology pathways to reduce attendance in outpatients
Review of community provisions: upskilling and maximising local services to reduce attendance
Ruth Heafield, Outpatient Programme Manager at Chesterfield Royal Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Clinical Pathway Transformations Lead, Joined Up Care Derbyshire Region
|Questions and answer session|
with Ruth Heafield and led by Eileen Henderson
|3.20||Chair's closing remarks and opportunity to say goodbye in your meeting room|
|3.30||Close of online conference proceedings|
This unique virtual event will bring together leading professionals working across Outpatient Services to share best practice advice. Book to attend this online conference for £209 + VAT by copying and pasting the following link:https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Z181s5-3QwKUE5M39lb_sA . Alternatively become an Outpatient CPD Club Member for £250 + VAT and receive free access to all online Outpatient events until July 2021 (minimum of 10 CPD hours available).
This pricing structure applies across this conference and related events
- £250 + VAT to become an Outpatient CPD Club Member (access to a minimum of 10 CPD hours until July 2021)
- £209 + VAT for the NHS attendees
- Free attendance as an Outpatient CPD Club Member
Do you really want to attend an event, but can’t see funding being available? SBK Healthcare have put together a page of cost saving tips, travel advice and useful ideas to help you to build your business case. Click here to view the justify your attendance document.
If your funding has not yet been secured or you would like to hold your place with no obligation, you can reserve your place with us. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your details:
- Booking contact: Name, job title, department, email, telephone
- Event(s) to reserve for: Title, date
- Delegate details (for each delegate): Name, job title, department, email, telephone
- Organisation details: Name, address
Alternatively you can make a confirmed booking by sending the above information to email@example.com
To modify an existing registration, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Travel is not included in the conference fee. It is the responsibility of each delegate to make their way to the conference venue in adequate time. The conference organisers are not liable for any delays or non-attendance resulting from delayed or suspended transportation.
A full refund of fees will be made only for cancellations received in writing 28 days before the date of the event (less £90 administration charge). Notice of cancellation must be received in writing and submitted by contacting us here. Should you need to cancel your registration after this date, the registration fee remains payable in its entirety although a substitution will be accepted and conference documentation will be provided. You are still entitled to conference documentation in the event of cancellation.
Substitutions & Name Changes
Substitutions for delegates unable to attend after registering are acceptable at any time. To inform us of a name change, please contact us here. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the conference organisers to alter the venue, content, speakers or the timing of the programme. We will endeavour to keep you abreast of such changes but any unavoidable change to the conference format will not constitute a reason to refund the conference fee. Should the event be postponed, we will endeavour to reschedule the event. If, for reasons beyond the control of the conference organiser, the event is cancelled, a full refund will be made. We do not accept any liability for any incurred costs resulting from a postponement or cancellation.
Certification of Attendance
A certificate for Continuing Professional Development will be given to each participant who completes the course, as a record of your continuing professional training and development.
Registration fees are payable in advance. The fee includes documentation, refreshments and lunch, it does not include travel costs or accommodation. If your fee has not been received prior to the event, delegates without proof of payment will be asked for either a credit card guarantee on the day or to sign a proof of attendance form.
To view the details on how your data is being collected and used, please visit our Privacy Notice page.
If you are unable to attend or would like to pick up an additional set of documentation on the day, the event documentation is available for purchase at £89 per set.