This 1 hour CPD webinar has been created for Diabetes Specialist Nurses. With over 10 years of experience working as a Senior DSN, Geraldine Gallen will share guidance and first-hand insights into how to optimise your consultations with patients. Your webinar chair, Su Down will delve into her own knowledge plus ask your burning questions to Geraldine.
- Places are free and you can attend this webinar live or on-demand after it takes place
- Click here to register your free place via Zoom
Don’t forget to check your junk folder if you don’t receive your registration email.
A full list of all upcoming Diabetes events can also be viewed at the official Diabetes National Networking Forum website.
1 hour Continuing Professional Development: what you will learn
Take 1 hour out to reflect your on consultation style and gain hints and tips that will give you a confident approach to supporting your patients in clinic, plus answer your questions on:
- Achieving a confident approach to data interpretation, consultation and mutual goal setting
- Enhancing your communication skills: prioritising language and empathy
- Understanding the differences in good versus bad consultations: experienced examples
Watch this online event from the comfort of your own home
This ‘The Art of Consultations for Diabetes Specialist Nurses’ webinar is sponsored by Abbott. By attending the webinar you will benefit from:
- 40 minutes demonstration time and 20 minutes Q&A session with Geraldine Gallen and Su Down
- Free forum where you can benefit from an experienced speaker and a host who understand your pressures
- Asking questions during the speaker Q&A and partake in discussion, using the chat function, with other attendees during this live webinar
- Or you can catch up with the webinar content at any time after it takes place
Introduction and instructions
Su Down, Diabetes Nurse Consultant and co-Vice Chair, Primary Care Diabetes Society
The Art of Consultations for Diabetes Specialist Nurses
Geraldine Gallen, Type 1 Service Lead and Senior Diabetes Specialist Nurse, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust
Question and answer session
Geraldine Gallen, Type 1 Service Lead and Senior Diabetes Specialist Nurse, King's College Hospital NHS Foundation Trust and Su Down, Diabetes Nurse Consultant and co-Vice Chair, Primary Care Diabetes Society
Close of webinar
First-hand speaker experience
Geraldine Gallen is a Senior Diabetes Specialist Nurse, currently working at Kings College Hospital, London. She has been in this position for over ten years and is the lead for the Type 1 diabetes service. Geraldine is also a committee member of the DTN-UK.
Geraldine’s main clinical interest is in the management and education of all patients with Type 1 diabetes including those patients experiencing problematic hypoglycaemia, and along with the team at Kings offers a full range of treatments including structured education, DAFNE and DAFNE for pumpers, technology including insulin pump therapy, sensor augmented pump therapy, hybrid closed loop systems, continuous glucose monitoring and flash glucose monitoring.
She and her team have over 800 patients on insulin pumps and over 300 patients funded on full time continuous glucose monitoring. Geraldine has also had training in Cognitive Behavioural therapy (CBT) and Motivational Interviewing (MI) and is interested in developing these skills further and supporting patients in their holistic management with their diabetes.
Geraldine is excited by the developments of technology within type 1 diabetes management and can often be found talking to patients and healthcare professionals nationally and internationally educating how technology can be adapted into the patient pathway.
Free for everyone
Supporting NHS diabetes professionals during Covid-19
- Supporting Weight Management in Isolation
- Adapting your Diabetes Pregnancy Service during Covid-19 Webinar
- Developing Useful Skills for Virtual Diabetes Consultations Webinar
- Support your Adult Patients with the Artificial Pancreas System Webinar
- Useful Communication Tools to Enhance Diabetes Patient Engagement
- Virtual Consulting with Blood Glucose Data: Diabetes Service Support during COVID-19
- Enhancing your Telephone Diabetes Consultations Webinar
- Fatty Lumps Guidance for Diabetes Professionals Webinar
- Flash Glucose Monitoring Patient Experience Webinar
- Guide to Technology for Safe Diabetes Delivery Webinar
- Improve your Remote Working for Diabetes HCPs Webinar
- Utilise Time in Range through LibreView Virtually Webinar