Look after and prioritise your mental wellbeing, reduce anxiety and prevent burnout
- Tackling the challenges of unreasonable doubt to prevent burnout
- Learn to ‘switch off’ and turn your attention away from doubt after leaving work to promote rest
- Mindfulness techniques to recognise the build-up of unhelpful stress and tactics to healthily release it
- Encourage compassion when reflecting on your work to improve confidence and decision making
Support and guidance for you in your own time
Incorporate mindfulness into your working day, plus benefit from:
- One hour of presentation and speaker Q&A
- Featuring an engaging video you can access in your own time
- Free to all NHS and public sector professionals
- Immediately accessible on the 'watch now' tab
|1 hour video | Filmed on Tuesday 7th April 2020 | featuring:|
Managing Burnout for NHS Frontline Staff
Dr Mike Scanlan, Mental Health Consultant, Mind Time Therapies
Questions and answers with Dr Mike Scanlan
Mike will be answering the questions and comments that came into the chat box during the presentation, engaging with the thoughts and feelings of the NHS professionals who attended this webinar live.
First-hand speaker experience
Dr Mike Scanlan works as a Mental Health and Wellbeing Consultant and was responsible for setting up and designing the clinical model for the successful and award winning ‘Changing Minds’ Improving Access to Psychological Therapy (IAPT) service.
Mike is trained to use, Mindfulness, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, Eye Movement Desensitization and Response prevention (EMDR) and Compassionate Focused Therapy approaches. He led a project supported by the Department of Health to illustrate how telehealth principles can be utilised to deliver IAPT group therapy via webinar to people with mental health problems with co morbid long-term conditions. More recently he has been working with a number of CCGs to introduce a Perinatal Emotional Health Check aimed at improving the wellbeing of women and their partners.
In September Mike was the key note speaker at the Jersey Prescribing Conference where he shared his thoughts and work on mindful prescribing. Mike is the author of the widely used and well respected CBT guided self-help series of books entitled 'Moving Forward'. These books blend theories of bibliotherapy with CBT principles. The books are used in a number of IAPT services across the UK.