Delivering Nurse Led Acute Oncology
Previously described as “a great day, such a good experience”, “motivational” and “finished today loving what I do and what it could be done”, 2018 will not only tackle cost efficiency and service sustainability but also tackle practical skills. Dr Chit Cheng Yeoh, previously described as an “inspirational speaker” will drill into the detail of patient flow as well as share detailed learning on how to insert an ASCITIC drain, PICC line management and inserting a male urinary catheter.
If you are a nurse in acute oncology who would benefit from learning how to deliver new procedures which save clinical time and money, then this workshop is a must-attend day. Enhance your practical skills and demonstrate flow and cost savings:
- Empower nursing potential through practical education and solid theoretical understanding
- Create a one-stop AOS bay that delivers USS guided marking and ASCITIC drain insertion
- Fast track clinics for oncology: seeing CUP patients straight from the community
- Activity scheduling: malignant drainage, diagnostic biopsy and purification day cases
- Set up and manage pain clinics as a ‘walk in Thursday’
- Introduce regular teaching of the 6 acute oncology emergencies
From case study experience to practical application, this day will equip you with new skills and endless new possibilities to progress your nurse-led AOS:
- Sustaining your service by investing in communication and understanding the cost economy
- Measuring your acute oncology service to ensure on-going effectiveness
- Adapting AOS to include immuno-oncology and understanding the skills required
- Training nurses to deliver their clinical potential and grow their role in the team
- Identifying what commissioners look for in a nurse-led acute oncology service
- Monitoring patient experience: ensuring your service is meeting the needs of the patient
- Sharing the template for audits and identifying the minimum
- Enabling consistency and cost to deliver the right business models for your service
Calling all acute oncology nurse and consultant leads – this workshop is your chance to progress your skillsets and identify what your service can achieve for:
- Acute Oncology Lead Nurses
- Acute Oncology Team Leaders
- Acute Oncology Sisters
- Acute Oncology Matrons
- Oncology Ward Managers
- Acute Oncology Nurse Specialists
- Acute Oncology Advanced Nurse Practitioners
- Consultant Medical Oncologists
- Consultant Clinical Oncologists
- Acute Oncology Registrars
Have you considered sponsoring or exhibiting at this day? Our events are carefully crafted and through our rigorous research we focus on and address the specific themes and topics that are driving the NHS forward. We pride ourselves on working with you to ensure that we recommend only those events that reflect your target audience and put forward solutions that provide the desired outcomes and results.
If you belong to an association or network that is related to Acute Oncology, SBK would welcome working with you. We could promote you and the work that you do in return for some promotion of our events, offer your members or network a discounted rate and a link with your website here:
Please email Nichola.firstname.lastname@example.org for further details
‘How to Set Up and Deliver Nurse Led Acute Oncology’ was previously run in Birmingham in March 2016. Attendees found the day extremely useful and commented that it ‘inspired and motivated me, equipped me with lots of ideas to take back to try to implement’ as well as calling the workshop ‘Inspirational, informative, challenging, useful and practical’.
View further details and find out how to buy the documentation for How to Set up and Deliver Nurse Led Acute Oncology
Demonstrate improved patient flow, cost efficiency and best practice patient care
|Sustaining your nurse-led service: training, communication and savings|
Understanding Evolution of Oncology Emergencies: Immuno-Oncology
How to set up patient info/patient induction session to Rx & splitting Acute Care into Chemo vs Immuno-Oncology
Learning from others: Network meetings and Communicating with mentors
Ensuring excellence in Education and Training: GP / Radiology / Gastro / Eye department / Endocrine / A&E
|Measuring your Acute Oncology Service to ensure on-going effectiveness |
What are commissioners looking for in a nurse-led acute oncology service?
Monitoring patient experience
Identifying meaningful clinical outcomes (Audits) for your nurse-led service
|PRACTICAL EXERCISE: At the one-stop-AOS bay|
Practical workshop on USS guided marking and insertion of ASCITIC drain at AOS
Insertion of Male Urinary Catheter
Inserting Miami-J collars, log roll Nursing care
PICC line management: pulse flushing
NG-Ryle tube insertion
NICE Update on NOACs, Clopidogrel and Aspirin before Intervention Biopsy
Point-of-contact FBC testing: How to use the machine
|How to set up and sustain 4 accountably viable models |
Fast track clinic for oncology: seeing CUP patients straight from the community
Scheduling activity: malignant drainage, diagnostic biopsy and purification day cases
Setting up and managing pain clinics as a ‘walk in Thursday’
Introducing regular teaching of the 6 acute oncology emergencies
Benefit from practical training and evidence-based service delivery strategies delivered by your ‘motivational’ and ‘inspirational’ workshop leader:
This pricing structure applies across this conference and related events
- NHS or Public Sector for one place £399 + VAT
- NHS or Public Sector for two or three places (each) £299 + VAT
- NHS or Public Sector for four places (each) £279 + VAT
- Commercial Organisation for one place £699 + VAT
- Commercial Organisation two or three places (each) £599 + VAT
- Commercial Organisation four or more places (each) £579 + VAT
Do you really want to attend an event, but can’t see funding being available? SBK Healthcare have put together a page of cost saving tips, travel advice and useful ideas to help you to build your business case. Click here to view the justify your attendance document.
- Bed & Breakfast accommodation for Wednesday 25th April 2018 : £105 + VAT (subject to availability. Lower rates may be found by booking directly with on-line accommodation website)
Bed and breakfast accommodation is available for this event at a specially discounted rate. Simply tick the dates that you wish to book when making your booking and we will contact you directly for your credit card guarantee details.
We regret that bookings for bed and breakfast accommodation cannot be confirmed without full credit card details. Your credit card will only be charged in the event that the invoice has not been settled one month following the event and only with prior communication.
If your funding has not yet been secured or you would like to hold your place with no obligation, you can reserve your place with us. Please email email@example.com with your details:
- Booking contact: Name, job title, department, email, telephone
- Event(s) to reserve for: Title, date
- Delegate details (for each delegate): Name, job title, department, email, telephone
- Organisation details: Name, address
Alternatively you can make a confirmed booking by sending the above information to firstname.lastname@example.org
To modify an existing registration, please contact email@example.com
Holiday Inn - Manchester City Centre
25 Aytoun Street, Manchester, M1 3DT, Tel: 0161 2425444.
Holiday Inn Manchester - City Centre is less than one minute walk from Piccadilly Station. Trains run regularly from London Euston, Birmingham, Leeds, Nottingham and Liverpool to Manchester Piccadilly station.
Travel is not included in the conference fee. It is the responsibility of each delegate to make their way to the conference venue in adequate time. The conference organisers are not liable for any delays or non-attendance resulting from delayed or suspended transportation.
A full refund of fees will be made only for cancellations received in writing 28 days before the date of the event (less £90 administration charge). Notice of cancellation must be received in writing and submitted by contacting us here. Should you need to cancel your registration after this date, the registration fee remains payable in its entirety although a substitution will be accepted and conference documentation will be provided. You are still entitled to conference documentation in the event of cancellation.
Substitutions & Name Changes
Substitutions for delegates unable to attend after registering are acceptable at any time. To inform us of a name change, please contact us here. It may be necessary for reasons beyond the control of the conference organisers to alter the venue, content, speakers or the timing of the programme. We will endeavour to keep you abreast of such changes but any unavoidable change to the conference format will not constitute a reason to refund the conference fee. Should the event be postponed, we will endeavour to reschedule the event. If, for reasons beyond the control of the conference organiser, the event is cancelled, a full refund will be made. We do not accept any liability for any incurred costs resulting from a postponement or cancellation.
Certification of Attendance
A certificate for Continuing Professional Development will be given to each participant who completes the course, as a record of your continuing professional training and development.
Registration fees are payable in advance. The fee includes documentation, refreshments and lunch, it does not include travel costs or accommodation. If your fee has not been received prior to the event, delegates without proof of payment will be asked for either a credit card guarantee on the day or to sign a proof of attendance form.
Your details will be held on our database to enable us to process your order and so that you can be kept up to date with relevant details of future events. Sometimes they may be made available to external organisations for relevant marketing purposes. If you do not wish to receive such information please write to: Database Manager, SBK (UK) Ltd, 10 Churchill Square, Kings Hill, West Malling, Kent ME19 4YU.
If you are unable to attend or would like to pick up an additional set of documentation on the day, the event documentation is available for purchase at £89 per set.